Stuff to do With Kids
- Visit the castle (no strollers)
- Walk around the old port in Marseille (there is a carousel)
Stuff to do With Adults
- Visit the the various churches
- Visit the various Calanques (inlets unique to the region)
- Other (see the tourism website at http://www.marseille-tourisme.com/en/)
Marseille is the second largest city in France, so there is plenty to do there. The castle is a boat ride away, which runs regularly and takes about 25 minutes to get to the castle and then about 45 minutes to return to the port. The snack shop on the island was closed the day we went – be prepared!