The easy way: add the Pin it button to your bookmark bar and sync the bookmarks between your iPad and Safari on your computer using iCloud. Thanks to Karl for this.
- Open Safari on an actual computer (you may need to install it on Windows). Or just install one of those User Agent Switchers and tell Pinterest that you’re using Safari, if you know what you’re doing…
- Log in to Pinterest and get the “Pin It” button from the “About” menu, and drag it to your bookmarks.
- Get the bookmark text on to your iPad. Probably the easiest way to do this is by emailing it somewhere and setting up that email on the iPad.
- Create a bookmark on the iPad (for anything, it is changed in the next step).
- Click the “Pin It!” bookmark on any page with an image to get the popup window where you choose which photo to use. This look slightly different on the iPad but has the same functionality.
- Rejoice in Pinterest goodness.